several months ago I used group policies to enable screen savers on my client computers. I can't remember exactly which GPO settings i enabled in the original policy. Well i decided not to go that route so i deleted the GPO. The client computers are now locking every 15 minutes or so. I did a gpresult /r on a client computer to see if it's still applied somehow and the group policy wasn't listed.
So then i figured what i should have done was to keep the orginal GPO around and just disabled or set "not configured". I then created a new GPO that disables the following:
Enable screen saver
Password protect the screen saver
Screen saver timeout.