Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

x
?
Solved

Sharepoint 2007 to 2010 Upgrade - Failing because of MODULES on the 2007 database

Posted on 2014-07-31
3
Medium Priority
?
124 Views
Last Modified: 2014-09-17
We are trying to upgrade a Sharepoint 2007 installation to Sharepoint 2010...when we upgrade the database, the upgrade is failing because of modules on the 2007 Sharepoint database that do not upgrade correctly.  

We have done a Sharepoint MIGRATION to a separate 2007 server using the same database and THAT worked fine.  

The upgrade reports all of the modules that caused the update failure in the error log, has anyone ever dealt with this before?  How can I  get this upgrade to continue and skip the errors?  Or can I pull the modules out before migration using any particular method?  It seems that the database upgrade STOPS when it hits these items, because the database is not in a functional state after the migration runs.

Any help is appreciated.  We have had Microsoft PSS on the issue working with us for a few weeks and the Sharepoint team and SQL team could not resolve this...

Thanks!
0
Comment
Question by:jkeegan123
  • 2
3 Comments
 
LVL 8

Expert Comment

by:Jayaraja Jayaraman
ID: 40239025
did you run the pre-upgrade check before you actually migrated? wat are the issues you find?
0
 
LVL 5

Accepted Solution

by:
jkeegan123 earned 0 total points
ID: 40319286
This issue was resolved by doing a full dbcc check on the associated sql database before attempting the upgrade. This was an enormous task due to the size of the database (200gb), and the check took about 20 hours to complete, however once completed we retried the database migration and were successful.

Note that the upgrade log did not indicate at any point that there was corruption in the database  but database maintenance was the only item that we had not completed. I did it more for the size of the database than anything else, thinking that in a 200gb database there is sure to be some table or logical corruption. The check resulted In a larger 250gb database, but everything was consistent and the dbcc check did not result in any data loss.
0
 
LVL 5

Author Closing Comment

by:jkeegan123
ID: 40327533
There was no other solution offered and this is the solution that fixed the issue.
0

Featured Post

Receive 1:1 tech help

Solve your biggest tech problems alongside global tech experts with 1:1 help.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

When using a search centre, I'm going to show you how to configure Sharepoint's search to only return results from the current site collection. Very useful when using Office 365 with multiple site collections.
A while back, I ran into a situation where I was trying to use the calculated columns feature in SharePoint 2013 to do some simple math using values in two lists. Between certain data types not being accessible, and also with trying to make a one to…
Integration Management Part 2
Enter Foreign and Special Characters Enter characters you can't find on a keyboard using its ASCII code ... and learn how to make a handy reference for yourself using Excel ~ Use these codes in any Windows application! ... whether it is a Micr…

580 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question