I want to run the sample schemas but have some questions. (Note: I have a good install of Oracle on Windows 7 [OraDB11g_home1, 18.104.22.168.0, but I didn't have all the scripts for the schema, I eventually found them here
, so that's what I'm using. They look legit and it was the only place I could find them, despite some help here and on OTN Forums).
So I'm reviewing mksample.sql (attached), which should run everything else (hr_main and oe_main also attached). But some questions:
- the mksample.sql's last comment was 11 years ago . . . so that seems kind of ancient in computer terms . . .
- do I need to specify the default and temp tablespace ? If so, how do I find these ? They are submitted as a parameter for the main scripts (e.g., hr_main.sql)
PROMPT specify default tablespace as parameter 9:
DEFINE default_ts = &9
PROMPT specify temporary tablespace as parameter 10:
DEFINE temp_ts = &10
- for logfile directory, do I just need (something like) this: c:\oracle\schemas\demo\
- In the sql command below, how is the "?" used ?
- can this be run in Windows with the forward slashes (Unix) as opposed to backward slashes (Windows) ? If not, there's too many to change in the called scripts
@?/demo/schema/human_resources/hr_main.sql &&password_hr &&default_ts &&temp_ts &&password_sys &&logfile_dir
In this sql command, the "&&[variable_name]" makes sense, but then it only has one "&" for "&vrs" (at the end), why is that ?
- also, the parameter "%s_oePath% - how is that translated ?
PROMPT specify password for SYSTEM as parameter 1:
DEFINE password_system = &1
DEFINE vrs = v3
@?/demo/schema/order_entry/oe_main.sql &&password_oe &&default_ts &&temp_ts &&password_hr &&password_sys %s_oePath% &&logfile_dir &vrs
Finally, in Sql Developer, it doesn't look like a "command line" interface is available (as it is in Pl*Sql Developer), so then must I run this in Sql Plus (instead of Sql Developer) ?