I want to create a simple Word 2010 merge file for my wife. The goal is to open the file and have it check an Access 2013 accdb file and run a query with a user-entered parameter. Basic stuff, should be a piece of cake.
So I have the query with the parameter saved but when I go to open it as a data source from Word I do the following:
1) Use Existing List
2) Select accdb file
3) Get prompted to use OLE DB Database Files, click OK
4) Word binds to the table, no prompt to use the query
If I select Show All from Step 3 above, I get the following:
3) Get prompted to use OLE DB Database Files, check Show All
4) Get a list of all data formats, select MS Access Database via ODBC
5) Get a dialog "ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failure" complaining that it can't find the .mdb file (WTF, Microsoft?)
6) Dismissing the dialog allows me to select the accdb file and now I can use the Options button to show queries.
7) Selecting my parameter query results in Word saying "Word was unable to open the data source"
So what steps do I need to take to allow Word to see that query? I have tried the above and also attempted to invoke the Merge Wizard from Access with roughly the same result.
Please note that I can Google at least as well as you. Link-only answers are not recommended.