I thought the hyperlink base property would solve my problem, but I was to quick. It doesn't.
I have a button in one Excel workbook sheet pointing to a macro in another open workbook. This works fine. When I save this workbook as a template and move it along with the other workbook to another directory, open the other workbook, then open a new sheet based on my template and click the button, I get an error message telling me that Excel cannot find the macro in the sheet which was part of the original workbook in the original directory. In other words, it has preserved the original path/link to the macro, not just the filename and macro name as I entered it.
If I manually edit the link to the macro and simply remove the part of the link that is before the file name (Workbook filename!ThisWorkbook.Macr
o-name, it works fine.
When I saved the original workbook, I made sure to remove the path in front of the file name for all my buttons pointing to macros, but they seem to reappear no matter what I do, I also tried to add the corect path to the Hyperlink Base property, but that doesn't seem to have any effect at all.
What can I do the get rid of that path in front of the Excel filename!ThisWorkbook,Macr