I have an exchange 2013 mailbox hosted on an external commercial ISP server (Fasthosts in the UK).
When I configure Outlook 2013 on a stand alone PC (Windows 8) it works fine. When I click on the remember my password option logging into Outlook this works OK
I also have access to a Citrix XenApp desktop running on Windows Server 2003 and hosted by another external service provider. In this environment the user is presented with a desktop view to look like a Windows XP machine.
On the Citrix environment I can configure Outlook 2010 to access the Exchange mailbox. This works fine except that outlook always prompts the user for a password even if I check the box to remember password. The "always prompt for user credentials" in the account settings is not checked.
I set up the outlook account with the settings recommended by the ISP. However when I close outlook and then re-open it some of the settings have changed:
Server name is set up as winhexbeeu1 but gets changed to something like firstname.lastname@example.org
Exchange proxy setting is set up as 1.exchange2013.livemail.co.uk but gets changed to 1.exchange.1and1.eu
Only connect to proxy servers that have.... is set up unchecked but gets changed to checked with a server name msstd:1.exchange.1and1.eu
Connect using TCP/IP boxes are set up unchecked but get changed to checked
Authentication is set up as Basic but gets changed to NTLM
I have asked both service providers to diagnose the issue, but neither have been able to do so.
My guess would be that it is a Citrix profile issue, but the Citrix support guys keep telling me to contact the Exchange mailbox provider. I have done this and they have been very helpful but I have made all the settings changes they recommend and I still get the issue.
Can anybody advise should I chase the Citrix team or the Exchange team and suggest some areas which they should investigate