[Okta Webinar] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now


active sync does not working - exchange 2010

Posted on 2014-08-21
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2015-01-30
We had to change the name of the company and of course the email address. After changing the email address to @newdomain.com , everything is working except the active sync( synchronization of the mobile phones).
I tried remote connectivity analyzer and it doesn't show any error message.
Test-ActiveSyncConnectivity also doesn't show any error message.
Any idea how to fix the problem?

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Test-ActiveSyncConnectivity

CasServer  LocalSite     Scenario        Result  Latency(MS) Error
---------  ---------     --------        ------  ----------- -----
EXCH10HUB  HQ            Reset Creden... Success     3843.75
exch10hub  HQ            Options         Success     2953.12
exch10hub  HQ            FolderSync      Success     1734.38
exch10hub  HQ            First Sync      Success       46.88
exch10hub  HQ            GetItemEstimate Success      109.38
exch10hub  HQ            Sync Data       Success       78.12
exch10hub  HQ            Ping            Success     4968.75
exch10hub  HQ            Sync Test Item  Success       93.75
Question by:dedri
  • 3
  • 2
LVL 76

Accepted Solution

Alan Hardisty earned 2000 total points
ID: 40276981
You probably just need to wait 24 hours for DNS to replicate and your mobile phone providers to update their DNS before your phones will work, nothing more.


Author Comment

ID: 40277502
no, dns are ok, OWA is working, and they are on the same address.
I checked again and according to the connectivity analyzer  it seems that exchange autodiscover does not work. Autodiscover is working, only exchange autodiscover does not work if I perform the test. IF I perform the full test in exchange autodiscover it doesn't show any error message
LVL 76

Expert Comment

by:Alan Hardisty
ID: 40278297
Is autodiscover.newdomain.comincluded in your SSLcertificate?

Author Comment

ID: 40370244
sorry for my late answer,
after a couple of hours suddenly everything was normal and working
LVL 76

Expert Comment

by:Alan Hardisty
ID: 40370249
Not a problem - that's what I thought / said would happen in my first comment :)


Featured Post

Prep for the ITIL® Foundation Certification Exam

December’s Course of the Month is now available! Enroll to learn ITIL® Foundation best practices for delivering IT services effectively and efficiently.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

As much as Microsoft wants to kill off PST file support, just as they tried to do with public folders, there are still times when it is useful or downright necessary to export Exchange mailboxes to PST files. Thankfully, it is still possible to e…
Steps to fix “Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=1108)”.
In this video we show how to create a mailbox database in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Servers >> Data…
how to add IIS SMTP to handle application/Scanner relays into office 365.
Suggested Courses
Course of the Month19 days, 13 hours left to enroll

872 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question