I am looking for a specific Video Editing software with the following features:
Note: All my movies are in .vob format (located in a VIDEO_TS folder)
1) All I want to do is:
- to cut a movie into segments (strips)
- to delete some of the segments (strips)
- to maybe re-arrange the segments (strips) in a different order
- to join the segments (strips) back together and save the movie in a common format such as:
- the audio should should still be in sync with the picture after rendering
(I have tried Video Editing programs where
this was not the case and the lips started moving before the audio kicked in, ... how annoying)
2) I'm not interested in any other features as I won't use them. All I'm looking for is a program that does this simple task and does it well:
- relatively fast
- stable (without crashing)
- easy to learn and use
3) I'm willing to pay for a program that does this well, ... but maybe a free program will do as well (as it's just a hobby).
4) At the moment I am using 'Windows Live Movie Maker' on my old 'Windows Vista Home Premium' computer, but I would like to also use the program on my new Windows 8.1 laptop.
'Windows Live Movie Maker' gets the job done, but:
- it's very slow
- it seems to struggle with bigger files
- it's cumbersome to use (e.g. skipping through the movie to find the place where you want to cut)
- it doesn't support Windows 8.1, which means I can't install it on my new laptop
On the plus side, 'Windows Live Movie Maker' didn't take long to learn as it's not loaded with features I won't ever use.
Many thanks in advance,