I have an old Windows 2003R2 domain controller. I need to install a program on it.
When I do, I get the following error: Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restrictions policy.
- checked all policy's which are in effect: domain policy, domain controller policy, local policy, none of them have a software restrictions policy (never has).
- made a new software restrictions policy, where under enforcement I have excluded local admins, reboot.
- made a new user equal to domain admin
- disabled all NON Microsoft services and reboot.
- tried to install to different folder (not in program files).
- cleanded up temporary files.
- eventlog only shows error, no clues there.
- virus scan, eset + hitmanpro, nothing.
None of this has worked...