A bit of a weird question here ;-)
We're using Veeam 7.x to replicate our Exchange 2007 to a DR site (A single ESXi 5.x host).
The main DC is a physical box, and the secondary DC was replicated - and was used in this scenario.
Our only intention is a single MBX restore - but as you probably knows, Veeam doesn't seems to support it internally on Exch 2007(only 2010+2013), so we thought to utilize an outlook installation on the Exch2007 server and saving the content to PST.
We've tried the following workaround (and failed):
1. Connecting to the DR ESXi which stores the replicated Exchange + SECONDARY AD VM's.
2. Added an internal LAN with no NIC's to both VM's
3. Powered on both VM's (DC first)
4. All DC services seems to be on
5. Main Exchange services are down due to LDAP problems
6. Installing Outlook 2007 on Exch VM (in order to connect to MBX and convert it to PST
The domain name does not reply to ping from both Exch2007 and Secondary DC VM's. We've tried to add the domain name locally in the HOSTS file and received a ping reply, but still no luck.
After all the blah blah I've written, can someone kindly point out what's the best practice to perform a single mailbox restore on a replicated Exch 2007 ?
Thanks in advance