Phone System -- 3CX server specs
Posted on 2014-08-29
I already have been testing and have a local 3CX reseller, but want some more Windows 2012 server specs.
What recommends do you have for 32 simultaneous calls on a DELL server, without Hyper-V, that is only RUNNING your software ?
1. MEMORY better to have two 8GB RDIMM sticks or one 16GB RDIMM stick ?
2. # of PROCESSORS how many ?
3. # of CORES per PROCESSOR how many CORES per processor ?
4. PROCESSOR SPEC Is Intel® Xeon® E5-2403 v2 1.80GHz, 10M Cache, 6.4GT/s QPI, No Turbo, 4C, 80W, Max Mem 1333MHz OK ?
5. RAID OK with software RAID, or do you recommend hardware RAID ?
6. HARD DRIVES better to have two 7.2K RPM hard drives or one 15K RPM hard drive for VoiceMail saving/etc ?
7. TAPE DRIVE any recommendation for each backup/restore to another server if this server crashes ? it is as easy as just restoring onto the same make/model machine or do I need to re-register/etc ? basically if something happens to the PBX I need to recover in under 30 minutes