Terminal Server Licenses


I have two servers on my domain Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008R2.
Win2008 is the main domain controller and now we have installed Windows 2012 ServerR2 where we have installed NAV Dynamics. The windows server 2012 has been joined to the domain.
The question is that we have been using terminal server licenses to RDP into the Windows 2008 server and work from there on an warehouse application. We have about 15 licenses and user RDP into the server to work on the warehouse/store application.
Now we have installed MS Dynamics NAV on the new server running Windows 2012. How will the terminal services work?
Do i need to do anything or will the new application on the Windows server 2012 be accessed via RDP by these 15 users?

Your assistance please.
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Lee W, MVPTechnology and Business Process AdvisorCommented:
I'm not clear on what you have.

First, you need Windows Server 2012 CALs for all users who will access resources on the 2012 server.  Your 2008 CALs will not cover you here.

Do you want your users to RDP into the 2012 system?  If so, then you need new RDS CALs as well.  If your users will continue to connect to the 2008 server for RDS services and run an app linked to the 2012 server, then you do not need new RDS CALs but you DO need Windows CALs.
fbandaAuthor Commented:
Hi Lee,

Thanks for the update.
Yes, i need users to RDP into 2012 right now only a maximum of 2 user can do RDP.
I need a minimum of 5 simultaneous connections.

Lee W, MVPTechnology and Business Process AdvisorCommented:
You need to get CALs for your RDP 2012 users.
Cloud Class® Course: CompTIA Healthcare IT Tech

This course will help prep you to earn the CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician certification showing that you have the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in installing, managing, and troubleshooting IT systems in medical and clinical settings.

fbandaAuthor Commented:
Hi Lee,

Thanks for the input, yes we need CALs.
fbandaAuthor Commented:
I've requested that this question be closed as follows:

Accepted answer: 0 points for fbanda's comment #a40306263

for the following reason:

We managed to get CALs and all is working fine.
Lee W, MVPTechnology and Business Process AdvisorCommented:
The closing comment is that they managed to get CALs - which is what I stated.  Therefore, why is my answer not being selected as the answer?

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
fbandaAuthor Commented:
Hi lee,

Your contribution was very helpful than ks.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Server Software

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.

Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.