One of our clients is asking for this from us, and so far I've been unable to make this work. They have Exchange 2013. Their outlook clients are a mix of 2013 and 2010:
Pulled from the ticket:
"They would like to utilize an Outlook calendar to track their "vacation time off".
If possible, they would like it to work as follows:
- Employee initiates a calendar event to the time off calendar and invites his/her manager.
- Manager goes to shared calendar and accepts employees time off request.
- Manager does not want the acceptance to go on their own Personal calendar – only on the vacation calendar
- All will have read capability.
- Managers only will have read/write capability.
- Employee are not allowed to request time off for “dates that are in the past”.
- Manager would like to be able to “view” all time off for that calendar event day(s) prior to accepting without having to go to the calendar.