We have Data Center in Office and DR in Remote Location. We have dedicated AD servers globally in different sites. We are working on moving one of our data center to new location. We will move all our servers to new data center and to perform same we need to shutdown the AD server too for 10 hours. So far we don't have a DR server for active directory in our current location. I am planning to deploy a new AD server in DR location to fail over the domain controller requests for 10 hours until the current server comes up. Need help to setup new AD server in our environment.
- Plan to add new AD server in DR location
- Steps to configure the AD server in DR location
- Pre & Post steps to deploy the AD server
- Post Verification steps \ Replication Verification
- Possibilities of issues when we add new server in DR
- DR exercise (How can I validate the new server is accepting the AD requests when my current server goes down)