I created a dll class library in vb.net using VS 2013 called myClass. I added variables in the settings and made the scope for the application. When I compile I get two files in the debug folder called myClass.dll and myClass.dll.config. Great. That's what I expected.
When I deploy the dll to a website, I change the variables in the myClass.dll.config file to accommodate the website. However, the dll is calling the values that were originally set from my source project. I want the user to be able to set the values.
After research, I found that this is the expected behavior. I know there is an easy way to do this. At least, there should be.