• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 238
  • Last Modified:

AD domain controllers not replicating after a restore

A week ago we had a full failure of our Exchange 2010 server. Unfortunately it is also a DC, but I've read that I cannot remove it from the DC role once exchange is installed. I've never like that configuration, but it has always worked so I don't fret too much. We had to do a full restore of exchange converted the physical back to VHD using our software, and it took some doing and everything has been working fine for a week now.

However today I noticed that user change made on our primary DC was not propagating to the mail server.  I ran the following 2 commands and there are clearly some AD database corruptions causing replication to fail. How can I correct this?

Repadmin /showrepl

Repadmin: running command /showrepl against full DC localhost 
Default-First-Site-Name\ARMAIL 
DSA Options: IS_GC  
Site Options: (none) 
DSA object GUID: daa2f816-809d-4938-b1a2-4a640bcf0181 
DSA invocationID: 74c0fc81-4e99-4ff7-b3e2-bb851ab4c12a 
 
==== INBOUND NEIGHBORS ====================================== 
 
DC=mydomain,DC=loc 
    Default-First-Site-Name\ARDC via RPC 
        DSA object GUID: 9182ab87-4ba8-4c67-ae9b-94326af7f9ad 
        Last attempt @ 2014-09-10 13:47:57 failed, result 8451 (0x2103): 
            The replication operation encountered a database error. 
        9682 consecutive failure(s). 
        Last success @ 2014-09-06 09:04:37. 
 
CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=loc 
    Default-First-Site-Name\ARDC via RPC 
        DSA object GUID: 9182ab87-4ba8-4c67-ae9b-94326af7f9ad 
        Last attempt @ 2014-09-10 13:30:01 was successful. 
 
CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=loc 
    Default-First-Site-Name\ARDC via RPC 
        DSA object GUID: 9182ab87-4ba8-4c67-ae9b-94326af7f9ad 
        Last attempt @ 2014-09-10 13:30:01 was successful. 
 
DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=mydomain,DC=loc 
    Default-First-Site-Name\ARDC via RPC 
        DSA object GUID: 9182ab87-4ba8-4c67-ae9b-94326af7f9ad 
        Last attempt @ 2014-09-10 13:30:01 was successful. 
 
DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mydomain,DC=loc 
    Default-First-Site-Name\ARDC via RPC 
        DSA object GUID: 9182ab87-4ba8-4c67-ae9b-94326af7f9ad 
        Last attempt @ 2014-09-10 13:30:00 was successful. 
 
Source: Default-First-Site-Name\ARDC 
******* 9660 CONSECUTIVE FAILURES since 2014-09-06 09:04:37 
Last error: 8451 (0x2103): 
            The replication operation encountered a database error.

Open in new window


I'll attach the DCDIAG output since it is fairly long, but errors in it too.
dcdiag.txt
0
bhieb
Asked:
bhieb
  • 3
1 Solution
 
bhiebAuthor Commented:
What is really odd is that the first command is showing a last successful on 9/6, but my restore was back on 8/24 so it has been working.
0
 
bhiebAuthor Commented:
I ran esentutl to checksum, defrag, and repair. None of which worked. Looks like this is going to be escalated to MS.
0
 
bhiebAuthor Commented:
no responses
0

Featured Post

Microsoft Certification Exam 74-409

VeeamĀ® is happy to provide the Microsoft community with a study guide prepared by MVP and MCT, Orin Thomas. This guide will take you through each of the exam objectives, helping you to prepare for and pass the examination.

  • 3
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now