Hello all - I have a few questions about a development environment I am putting together for SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence development. Please see the environment details below:
- Host OS: Windows 8.1 Pro
- Host Applications: Office 365, Visual Basic Studio Professional, SQL Server 2014 Enterprise (with all features enabled);
- Host Hypervisor: VMware Workstation 10;
- Guess OS: Windows Server 2012 R2;
- Guess Applications: None, apart from SharePoint. I other words, the only application installed in the guess will be SharePoint 2013, with its shipping database (which I think is SQL Server 2008 Express edition).
The questions about this setup are:
1. Will this environment allow the configuration of SharePoint 2013 for Business Intelligence?
2. Will SharePoint Designer be available for developing PerformancePoint dashboards?
3. Will SharePoint Designer run in the Guess OS (or in the Host, where Microsoft Office products are actually installed).
4. Can the applications in the Host (Excel and Visual Studio) connect / work with the SharePoint 2013 Installation in the Guess?
5. Can web parts and reports built in Visual Studio (in the Host) be deployed to the SharePoint 2013 (in the Guess)?