I've been having issues with our Exchange 2207 server for a few weeks now. It seems that one of our storage groups has grown to 450 gigs and is heavily fragmented, causing any mail in the queue going to it to run slow. The server is also about 5+ years old and slower.
I've tried to move mailboxes off this storage group but this is taking awhile, as even a 500 meg move takes 14 hours to run. Meanwhile, mail keeps backing up in the queue for the staff.
I'm at the point where I need to just get mail working ASAP. I have a call to MIcrosoft, so I'm waiting to hear back from them. I have a newer server with a VM I set up with an install of Exchange 2013 ready to run. However, I don't know what's my best option here at this point to just get things going.
Looking for some advice ASAP.