- 2 HyperV servers, Windows Server 2008 R2, NOT clustered.
- Backup exec to tape, running for freaking Always and never completes a backup.
So pretty messed up situation. There is a SAN where the VM's are stored on. What i wanna know is, am i thinking in the right way to solve the issues.
1. Cluster the HyperV servers. Can this be done when servers are running on the hosts?
2. What is the best way to backup HyperV VM's? I need the servers to be out of the building. So when the building burns
down, i buy 2 new hosts and fire up the servers. What do I backup? And how?
3. Use backup exec and the tapes to backup;
- SQL Databases
- System states
Is this the right way to go?