How can I implement Exchange Hosted Encryption as an option to offer our hosted clients?
Posted on 2014-09-16
We currently sell Exchange as a hosted service through SPLA. We are looking to be able to offer email encryption on a per-user basis. I have been researching Exchange Hosted Encryption that Microsoft offers but have not been able to find out how to get started with this. It looks like this is offered as an add-on service to Office365. We have our own Exchange server that we use and it is set up for a multi-tenant environment. It seems like all that is needed is to set up transport rules on our Exchange server so that when an email needs to be encrypted, it gets piped through Microsoft's Encryption service. How would we purchase this and set it up so we can resell to specific clients?
1) We already have a spam filtering solution so we don't want to use Microsoft for this
2) We want to keep our current Exchange environment and not have our clients email hosted with Office365
3) Can this get purchased through SPLA or will each client need to set up their own agreement with Microsoft to utilize this service?
4) Will domain MX records need to be changed so that all mail goes through Microsoft first before getting to our servers?
5) How much will this cost per user?
Any help or direction would be appreciated!