Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 611
  • Last Modified:

Outlook 2013 Macro - Find Text String in Outlook Contact Body and delete the string

I am looking for a way to remove an unwanted text string in the Notes (Body) section of outlook contacts

I have a vba macro that pages through all contacts and tried to use this code but it isn't working can anybody help?

                If InStr(1, .Body, "Facility Condition Assessment EBlast 09-03-2014 Test Run 01") > 0 Then
                    .Body = Replace(.Body, "==============^pFacility Condition Assessment EBlast 09-03-2014 Test Run 01", "")
                    BodyUpdtCnt = BodyUpdtCnt + 1
                End If

Thanks
0
rogerdjr
Asked:
rogerdjr
  • 3
  • 2
  • 2
1 Solution
 
Calvin PaxsonPremier Services Technical Support ManagerCommented:
Export the contacts to csv, open with excel, use find replace to replace with unwanted string with nothing, import contacts back.  This may be far easier than troubleshooting your vba macro and should work very well.
0
 
David LeeCommented:
Hi, rogerdjr.

Add .Save on the line after the Replace.
0
 
rogerdjrAuthor Commented:
Bluedevilfan

I did have .save just after the code snippet I sent


As for the csv option - I guess it would work, but not the solution I was hoping for thanks
0
Technology Partners: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

 
Calvin PaxsonPremier Services Technical Support ManagerCommented:
If you are doing this once than the CSV option may be less work however if you need to repeat the process against 10 or more address books doing it programatically would potentially save some time.  The more address books involved the better the macro starts to look.
0
 
David LeeCommented:
rogerdjr,

Then the code should work assuming that the text you're searching for and the text you're replacing both exist.  Do a simple test.  Create a contact and put "string1" and "string2" in the body.  Save the contact.  Now, modify your code to look for "string1" and if found replace "string2" with nothing.  Run the code and see if it works.  If it does, then the problem isn't the code, it's the string you're looking for or the string you're replacing.
0
 
rogerdjrAuthor Commented:
I'll test it over the weekend
0
 
rogerdjrAuthor Commented:
I've requested that this question be closed as follows:

Accepted answer: 0 points for rogerdjr's comment #a40344040

for the following reason:

Thanks - works perfectly - sorry it took so long to test
0

Featured Post

Industry Leaders: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

  • 3
  • 2
  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now