I have an table called comments in the users_tab tablespace. We have decided to alter one of its column called
comments_desc from varchar2 to CLOB.
We have decided to use th CLOB data type for storing the comments. One technical question in regard to implementing it
1. We have decided to store the CLOB data in an tablespace other then the commentary table tablespace. I.e commentary table is in users_tab tablespace , we decided to create an new tablespace USER_LOB . My question here is how can i tell oracle to store the CLOB data in users_lob tablespace while altering the column comments_desc to clob datatype .
2. difference between regexp_like and like in oracle
3. While changing column data type can we instruct oracle to use the secure file features.
Network Monitoring is essential to ensure that computer systems and network devices are running. Use PRTG to monitor LANs, servers, websites, applications and devices, bandwidth, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and many more. PRTG is easy to set up & use.
Note: this article covers simple compression. Oracle introduced in version 11g release 2 a new feature called Advanced Compression which is not covered here.
General principle of Oracle compression
Oracle compression is a way of reducing the d…
Have you ever had to make fundamental changes to a table in Oracle, but haven't been able to get any downtime? I'm talking things like:
* Dropping columns
* Shrinking allocated space
* Removing chained blocks and restoring the PCTFREE