Issue in WIN-8 64-bit (Divide by zero exception)
Posted on 2014-09-30
1. Application is made using Embarcadero Builder XE - 6.
2. Application setting changed to locale DE(German) and found working fine in all OSs(WIN XP, WIN-7, WIN-8 64-bit)
3. If Application setting changed to locale English(United State), it works fine in XP,WIN7 but fails in WIN-8 64-bit.(FYI: WIN-8 machine is installed as English).
4. Issue is divide by zero exception.
5. Divide by zero gives -NAN, where the s/w is working fine. But why throwing exception(Abnormal program termination) in WIN-8 64-bit only in English while German version is working fine(I kept log in place of exception and found it's converting to -NAN).
6. I want to know why the behavior is changing from one locale to another?