Hyper-V NIC Teaming on Server 2012
Posted on 2014-10-02
I have an HP Proliant G6 with 2 Broadcom NICs and an add-on HP 365T 4-port NIC that I want to set up with NIC Teaming. All I need is one Management connection and the others teamed. I had no problem creating the management NIC in Hyper Switch Manager.
Next I used HP Server Manager to team the remaining NICs and that seems to work fine. However, when I go back to Hyper-V Switch Manager and create an adapter and assign it to the multiplexor adaptor that now shows up I cannot seem to get it to connected. I have tried to assign the NIC Team adapter to a virtual PC and also a virtual server on the host but when I do they loose connection. The network settings on the VM show an 'unidentified network'.
Looking at NIC Teaming in Server Manager it shows that traffic is going and coming to the team NIC. Network settings on the VM client show a 10 Gb connection but disconnected. I have tried a static address and DHCP on the VM clients. Right now I have to use the Management connection for my servers to have connectivity.
- I have given the team NIC on the host a static address altho from what I have read that is not necessary.
- I have updated the NIC to the latest drivers
- I have made the team using some of the adaptors and no connection
- I deleted the team, created one connection with one adaptor and it would not connect either
- The Networking tab in Hyper-V Manager shows OK, the NIC Team name, but gives a 169 address. When I had a static address it showed it instead.
- Integration services are installed and up to date
Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?