I have a software which communicates with an instrument, a digital storage oscilloscope, RIGOL.
The communication is done using NI-VISA run-time, specific driver.
My PC is WIn7 64 bits Home Premium.
There are several ways to communicate with the instrument, using SCPI commands for example.
There is a ready-made Excel file which is able to communicate with the instrument.
The main program provided by the manufacturer of the oscilloscope, named UltraSigma is able to detect the VISA address of the instrument, no matter if I connect with USB or TCPIP cable.
The problem is: sometimes that UtraSigma software it closes automatically after few seconds and most of the time is closing with an error when I click right on the VISA address found of the instrument, when I want to invoke the SCPI command panel, to test simple commands as "*IDN?"
It is mentioned the error and is related with ntdll.dll.
How can I solve such error?
All the programs work without problems.
Few things that I have tried before I posted here:
- I updated the latest drivers and the software of the instrument from RIGOL website.
- I disabled the antivirus and anit-spyware, restart the PC each time, no effect, same error.
- Then I was thinking at Regional settings. The original Windows DVD was in German, but it asked me if I want English and I have English installed. The Regional settings are for Germany. I changed for USA, restart the PC every time, after each change. Still the same error, the UltraSigma closes when I click right on instrument found.
- One more additional SCPI command panel small software closes automatically and gives errors when I try it.
- There is one more piece of software from internet written by someone else to communicate with RIGOL and did not work. Strange thing: UltraSigma software package has inside the NI-VISA run-time and is installed automatically with UtraSigma software. Then I downloaded separately the latest NI-VISA from National Instruments and after installation, that software from internet works, but I am not so sure if all the functions. Anyway, better than nothing.
- Still the original software UltraSigma provided by the RIGOL gives the same error.
- One more thing to mention: the UltraSigma software icon has a shield on its icon related with UAC (User Account Control). I turned that off and still I got the ntdll.dll error.
I noticed that ntdll.dll error may be related with a lot of causes:
How to trace the cause of my error ntdll.dll and make the UtraSigma program working?