Major Mac Problems
Posted on 2014-10-06
I am having some serious problems with a Mac. One of the users hard shutdown after it froze with what sounded like graphical artifacts. When they rebooted it, it would load past the Apple logo, to a cursor in the upper left corner, and then the pinwheel indefinitely. I have done the following:
1. Repaired disk and permission.
2. Reinstalled Lion 3 to 4 x
3. Used brand new hard drive
4. Cloned from a working Mac OS with identical hardware.
6. Ran Apple Hardware Test, which said that no trouble was found.
I am able to run it in safe mode every time. No matter what I do, it will not boot. It is effectively a brand new machine, software wise that is. I even wiped the recovery partition before I cloned. I've been working on this for 2 1/2 days now. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.