VB6, MS Access on a Windows 7 PC
Posted on 2014-10-08
I have an existing VB6 application that has been running for years on an XP machine.
it used MS Access as the DB storage
We are looking to convert to W7 x64, currently the customer is using MS Access 2010 X64 bit.
On my development PC with W7-Pro, MS Access 2010 32bit the application works fine
I have converted all the Access files over to 2007/2010 format (.accdb) and changes my code as well.
I have two (2) installation packages,
- one (1) before I made the upgrade for the new MS Access format (my Ver 1.2)
- Ver 1.2 uses MS Access 2002 file format (.mdb)
- one (1) after I made the upgrade for the new MS Access format (my Ver 2.0)
- Ver 2.0 uses 2007/2010 file format (.accdb)
I have created an installation package and installed it on the customers PC that has
W7-Enterprise, MS Access x64 on it.
The opportunity is:
When I run either install on the customers PC i get three (3) errors during install:
1. msvcrt.dll access violation occurred while copying file
2. mfc42.dll access violation occurred while copying file
3. pdaddin.dll error occurred while registering the file
When I give it a try,
Ver 1.2 runs fine
Ver 2.0 I get the error
Run Time Error 429 ActiveX Component can't create object.
Not sure where to look next