I set up a simple DFS on my lab environment.
I followed instruction on this video and read from technet, maybe I'm missing something. It doesn't replicate folder contents, but instead it gives 'waiting for initial replication' on its health report. I searched for the cause of this, applied, it still does not replicate;
What I did is,
1. Created 2 folders on SRV1.
2. Share the 2 folders
3. Create a namespace referencing the 2 shared folders on SRV1.
4. Add SRV2 to the namespace server list, make sure SRV1 and SRV2 on the namedspaced server list.
5. Now I create DFS Replication group.
6. Make SRV1 as the primary server
7. Add the 2 shared folders on SRV1
8. Select 2 destination folders on SRV2 to replicate to.
9. Done, the 2 folders from SRV1 doesn't replicate to SRV2.
10. I ran 'dfsrdiag /pollad' on both servers, still it doesn't replicate.
11. I thought it's staging folder size issue, so I added 5MB file to one of the two folders in SRV1. it still doesn't replicate.
12. I ran DFSR Health Report, it shows 'waiting for initial replication'.
13. I restarted DFS Namespace and DFS Replication services on both, it still doesn't replicate.
Am I missing any steps?