Thanks to the assistance of experts on Experts Exchange, I finally have a script that will do the following:
1. SSH to a Linux server without login prompt.
2. Run a command and collect the result.
3. Copy files (links) to a specific folder based on the results of the command.
It beautifully when I run it manually; problem is that it will not run at startup and there is not a single error message anywhere in any log. I've done the following:
1. Ensured that local\system has full privileges to all folders/files.
2. Created a scheduled task and had it run the script using the System account to try and get error messages - none.
3. used the -batch option with the plink command in the script but that did nothing - except get rid of the CMD blip when I run it manually.
4. set the scheduled task to run the script as the local administrator account and it still didn't work.
5. Set the scheduled task to run the script as my account and it worked fine!!
Anyone have any other suggestions? It is obviously a permissions issue but both System and local admin have full permission to all the folders files involved. Can't seem to figure out why it will only run under my account.