dsmod doesn't seem to be working
Posted on 2014-10-22
I have a long list of disabled users I want to remove from a security group (wireless access group).
I tested the query until I got it correct. After that first successful test, all I'm getting now is "dsmod failed:CN=GeneralWireless.....". I've copied and pasted the DN of the security group from its properties' attributes, so I know I'm not mis-typing. I know the group is there, I have a Saved Query in ADUC that I can execute against the group. Here's what I've executed at the command line:
C:\>dsmod group CN=GeneralWireless,OU=Wireless,OU=Groups,DC=corp
,DC=company,DC=com -rmmbr "CN=user name,OU=Users,OU=Disabled,DC=corp,DC=company,DC=com"
com:Directory object not found.