hi i am using windows 7 enterprise evaluation and originally i configured the following drives:
task 1 (previously)
- c:\ - 40 gb (i think)
- d:\ 298gb (i think) &amp; bit locker was added
i then created a repair disk for the above
- c:\ - 40 gb
- d:\ - 30 or 40 gb (i think) - bit locker also added
- e:\ - 250 (roughly or a bit more) - bit locker also added - i can as of (last week) lock and unlock drive successfully
i then created a repair disk a long time ago and have since re-installed c:\ only multiple times but did not change (d:\ or e:\). also i have since lost the repair disk for the above task 2
i have been using task 2 configuration till now for quite some time and a few days ago i accidentally knocked my laptop and on reboot my laptop showeds a possible hardware issue like something was disconnected, but i had nothing attached.
- i have reseated the harddrive and confirmed inside parts of laptop are ok
- i decided to use my old task 1 win7 repair disc, which also prompted me to logon to my bit locker which was not recognised (obviously) as using wrong repair disc and forgetting the partitions are different and it ran but got stuck at d:\ drive
after attempted resolution a friend used a piece of software via (xp) that allowed us to view the following drives:
- d:\ - this showed as 298gb but this is not correct
- e:\ - this e:\ drive should be at least 250 - 298 gb at least
note: i realise what i have done and i used the wrong win 7 repair disc from task 1 instead of task 2 but i have lost task 2 repair disc.
note: all my data was on that drive and did not back up as my win 7 laptop was a brand new hdd about 1 year old.
note: as far as i know this cannot be fixed.
question 1. i have currently removed the laptop hdd and added a temporary hdd to still use my same laptop as usual, so can anyone help on this serious situation (most importantly the e:\ drive is what i want to get access to) ?
important note: (i currently have not used the below win 7 repairs discs after the above info)
i have since found 3 discs that may have task 2 partitions and when re-installing win 7 evaluation again only on c:\ - i would have left the d:\ &amp; e: drive alone as of task 2 above (i think but 99.9% sure):
- win 7 repair disc - dated 11 jan 2012
- win 7 repair disc - dated 6 jun 2012