DFS replication accords different subnets not working
Posted on 2014-10-28
I have setup DFS before on client machines across VPN link without a problem, but this round its not working
In our shop i have 2 subnets ( We are adding a location so i am staging this before hand)
#1 - 192.168.1.0/24 - main office
#2 -192.168.100.0/24 - new office
I have 1 DC's (1 on each subnet). They have no problems replicating between each other.
They are both connected via a managed switch, traffic is not being routed over the internet.
DFS installed on both DC's with a test folder to replicate
- In the DFS console the "TEST" never shows up.
Things i have tried
- Setting up the TEST on the same subnet -> Works
- Setting up a brand new 2008r2 machine and tryng to replicate across -> Failed
- Can ping each server: YES
- access shares: Yes
- replicate AD / DNS : yes
Errors in the event log:
- The DFS Replication service encountered an error communicating with partner
- Error: 1753 (There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.)
- Error: 9026 (The connection is invalid)
I have google the crap out of these events and have tried everything.
Google/ Experts exchange recommendations i have tried
- checking "READ" permissions in ADSI for DFSR-GlobalSettings
- removing DFS and re-installing (both sides)
- Installing WINS