Hello, I have a HP Probook 4540s and the audio is not working. The speaker icon in the system tray has an X over it.
I have tried the following:
1. reinstall the drivers - I get an error that says no device found
2. disabled and re-enabled the audio device in the bios
3. upgraded the bios (did this before step 2)
4. restored to a restore point to about a month old
I am not sure when the user started having the problem.
I called HP and they sent a hardware guy out and HP is claiming that it is a Windows issues and I have to reinstall Win7.
1. Does the restore point essentially bring me back in time? Perhaps I don't have an old enough restore point so that does not fix the problem.
2. Can I reload the portion of Windows that would help me avoid resetting up the system?
I would prefer not to reinstall but I may have to.. trying to make this a quicker fix if that is a valid and good option.
When you try to extract and to view the contents of a Microsoft Update Standalone Package (MSU) for Windows Vista, you cannot extract the files from the MSU. Here we are going to explain how to extract those hotfix details without using any third pa…
Windows 8 comes with a dramatically different user interface known as Metro. Notably missing from the new interface is a Start button and Start Menu. Many users do not like it, much preferring the interface of earlier versions — Windows 7, Windows X…
This Micro Tutorial will teach you the basics of configuring your computer to improve its speed. It will also teach you how to disable programs that are running in the background simultaneously.
This will be demonstrated using Windows 7 operating…