Here is the story:
We have Kodak printer connected via USB cable to the back of Acer Aspire Windows 7 x64 PC. It started printing blank pages. All of them, just little smudges of colour but Kodak Support said that the printer is faulty. We got another printer HP F4200 series. We used this printer on this PC about a year ago. Windows 7 has drivers for it as standard. We connected HP over brand new USB cable to the front USB port. Some of the pages are printer ok, some only have page title (when printing from notepad or IE) and others are completely blank. I tried so far:
* Changing USB drivers (intel chipset installation utility)
* Installing and re-installing HP software and driver for that printer from HP website
* Restoring PC to a week ago - System Restore
* SFC /scannow (no errors found)
* Malwarebytes - nothing
* Clean Boot - msconfig with non-Microsoft items disabled
We have not changed anything on the PC prior to it going wrong. We connected Kodak printer to another PC (Windows 7 x64) and it wouldn't work. We connected HP to another PC (Windows 7 x64) and it worked fine. We shared HP printer on the PC which is having problems with it and printer from another pc and it wouldn't print colours.
I really have no idea what to do next. We have the latest driver on the problematic PC including BIOS.
What do you think?