We noticed that a few newly imaged workstations were failing to pull logon scripts from group policy, and confirmed that RSOP failed to execute. File replication also appears to be an issue on the DCs.
The customer has two domain controllers, with FRS setup between.
We've already run the following on BOTH servers:
> net share ... displays shares for NETLOGON and SYSVOL
> ran dcdiag /test:replications , dcdiag /test:netlogins, repadmin /showrepl *see attached .txts*
- no replication or DNS errors
> ensured that site link is online in AD Sites & Services ; replicating every 15 mins @ 100 cost
- if I place a .txt file in the sysvol dir, it fails to replicate even after a manual force replication
- this doesn't explain the RSOP failure on the new machine though, or does it?
- several Event ID  errors --- 'FRS was unable to create an RPC connection to a replication partnet'
• NOT followed by an Event ID  --- FRS was able to create an RPC connection → verifies that NO CONNECTION OCCURS between DCs for replication