After doing a domain/server migration from SBS2008 to 2012R2 in an all-Windows 7 Pro environment, the workstations are all showing 'No Internet access' in the system tray and in Network and Sharing center (red X between the domain and the Internet). However all workstations in fact DO have Internet access as well as full access to internal resources.
Some general notes:
- DNS on DC is configured with forwarding to OpenDNS servers
- DHCP running on DC (2012 R2)
- DHCP provides workstations one DNS IP only pointing to DC
- domain name is a .local
- pings to internal and external hosts from the workstation resolve instantly
- Windows Firewall is disabled via GPO on the workstations for the 'Domain network' and 'Home or work (private) network' zones
The staff keep mentioning the warning, which is reason enough to find a cause. I'm also seeing Outlook (2007/2010/2013) freezing issues on about 80% of the workstations and thought maybe this is related.
Thanks for any troubleshooting steps you may be able to provide.