I have a form that is showing a weekly calendar. It has a few different options to move through calendar dates:
1. Simple forward and backward arrows which move the calendar forward and backward one day.
2. Forward and backward arrows with a terminator bar which move the calendar forward and backward one week.
3. A Today button that moves the calendar to today
4. A text box where the date can be entered to jump to a specific date
Also, the appointments that show in the calendar are colour-coded via conditional formatting depending on some flags in the appointments.
I've attached a sample database. It is almost completely working. If you use any of the arrows or the Today button, it works perfectly. But when you click in the text box for the date and use Access's built-in date picker, I have two small problems:
1. Although it jumps to the right date and displays the right appointments, the colouring (via conditional formatting) doesn't take effect until you click on the form somewhere.
2. Related to that. Access seems to be in a bit of limbo until you click on the form. Even if you click the X to close the form, the first click on the X fires the conditional formatting but it takes a second click on the X to close the form.
If you open the attached example and then open frmDispatchCalendarWeekly and use the "back one week" button, you'll see that it works fine. But if you try to use the date-picker to jump back one week (select 2014/10/24), you'll see what I mean.
Thanks in advance.