I have a touch screen interactive display and I want to create a simple interactive program.
Basically the system will have 4 buttons and each button will either play a video or show an image/slide with the ability to back to the home screen.
The system needs to run on a windows computer and ideally we be written in HTML5.
The issue i'm having is knowing how to make it offline.
The reasons for making it offline:
- Making it run as fast as possible
- Internet cannot be relied on.
- playing back videos locally will be faster than via the web.
The ways ive been looking at:
- local webserver on the interactive pc
- caching the webapp locally
Could someone please offer some better ideas??