Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 367
  • Last Modified:

Access 2013

Hi EE

I have an app developed in access 2003 and now converted into access 2013 running as .accde.
When I install on other PC's I initially get this message

This data is unreconized format
The Database may have been created with a later version of Microsoft Access then the one your are using. Upgrade your version of Microsoft Access to the current one, Than this Database

To get over this I recompile on the other PC's in .accde and it then works ok.

My PC has windows 8 64 bit and Office 2013 32bit Professional edition.
The problem PC's have windows 8 64bit and Office 365 32bit Professional edition

The only difference is 365.  My PC doesn't have 365 installed.

I never had this problem when using access 2010


Any help appreciated

chestera
0
chestera
Asked:
chestera
  • 9
  • 4
1 Solution
 
pdebaetsCommented:
What version of Access do the problem computers have installed? Is it a 32 or 64-bit version of Access?
0
 
chesteraAuthor Commented:
pdebaets

Both 32bit
Here is the Version info

My machine Info
Microsoft Access 2013(15.0.4569.1503) MSO (15.0.4569.1506) 32 bit
Part of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013

Product ID: 00216-53040-01457-AA643



Machine giving wrong format
Microsoft Access 2013 (15.0.4505.1000) MSO (15.0.4505.1005) 32 bit
Part of Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus

Product ID: 00202-50086-21955-AA838

Alan
0
 
HuaMinChenBusiness AnalystCommented:
Hi,
I suggest you use Access 2010 instead, as Access 2013 does not support many features on Access 2003/2007/2010.
0
Concerto's Cloud Advisory Services

Want to avoid the missteps to gaining all the benefits of the cloud? Learn more about the different assessment options from our Cloud Advisory team.

 
pdebaetsCommented:
Try upgrading the problem computer(s) to v15.0.4569.1503 (same as your computer).
0
 
chesteraAuthor Commented:
HuaMinChen

I have not option the company  is locked into Office365. Once I compile on their machins .accde it works with no problems

Alan
0
 
chesteraAuthor Commented:
pdebaets

Office 365 is 2013 but is a pay as you go yearly or monthly. Once you subscribe you then down load to each PC so you would assume the current version.

Alan
0
 
pdebaetsCommented:
I think the problem might be with Access 2013 which is not a part of the Office 365 subscription. Please try upgrading the version of Access 2013 on the problem computer to the same version that you created the .accde file with.

Edit: Well after further investigation Access may be a part of the office 365 subscription, but that doesn't mean that a particular installation is up-to-date.
0
 
chesteraAuthor Commented:
pdebaets

Went on site this morning and reinstalled office 365 on a PC and stated it was the latest version.

Microsoft Access 2013 (15.0.4505.1000) MSO (15.0.4505.1005) 32 bit
Part of Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus

The person who did the install said out of 8 PC's three installed with no problems but Five came up with the  wrong format message
All PC's have windows 8 64bit and office 365 32 bit.

Bottom line is the program is running ok after sorting the wrong format problem

Alan
0
 
pdebaetsCommented:
0
 
chesteraAuthor Commented:
pdebaets

I did put SP 1 on a couple of the PC's. I will see which one haven't got it and install. I had forgotten about SP1 many thanks for reminding me. I will get back to you and let uou know how I got on

Alan
0
 
chesteraAuthor Commented:
pdebaets

I can't get to the site until Wednesday of this week so there will be a delay until get back to you. I will check the PC's with the error install SP1 if not installed then re-Install the program and see what happens.

Alan
0
 
chesteraAuthor Commented:
pdebaets

When I install SP1 on one of the PC's giving wrong format error I get the following message
"There are no Products affected by this package installed on this system"
In the about I checked the MSO version
If SP1 is installed the MSO version number should be 15.0.4569.1506 or higher (according to web information)
On the PC I get 15.0.4505.1005. I am completely stuffed

Alan
0
 
chesteraAuthor Commented:
pdebaets

"There are no Products affected by this package installed on this system"

I think the above message when installing SP1 is because it is already installed. If that is the case then I am back to square one.

Alan
0
 
chesteraAuthor Commented:
pdebaets

Many thanks for your information. Bottom line I am going to compile to accde with the company PC rather than my PC. Getting the same version on my PC is not an option.

Alan
0

Featured Post

Keep up with what's happening at Experts Exchange!

Sign up to receive Decoded, a new monthly digest with product updates, feature release info, continuing education opportunities, and more.

  • 9
  • 4
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now