Installing .NET Framework on Win8.1

I am trying to install .NET Framework 3.5 feature on a Windows 8.1 computer of an application that I have.
Every time I try to install, I get the error that "Windows couldn't connect to the internet to download the necessary files.  Error Code: 0x800F0906"
I am able to connect to the internet microsoft site and the Microsoft updates download and install OK.
ANy help would be appreciated.
Art
ajwellmanAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

KimputerCommented:
If you have 2 network cards (maybe wifi even) try to disable the ones that can't get to the internet anyway. Then try it again.
If not, do you have any other firewall/antivirus types of software? Disable them and try again. You can enable them afterwards.
0
ajwellmanAuthor Commented:
Thanks for the response.  
It turned out that Windows update server was handling windows updates and was causing the connection to WIndows Update to get required downloads to fail.  Removed from Windows Update server and it installed without a problem.
Thanks for the help.
Art
0
pkofinatCommented:
i found this and it help me

"
I was getting the ‘stopping at 65.8%’ error. After a bit of digging, found I had to change the registry key value for ‘UseWUServer’ from 1 to 0. More specifically, I had to *create* this key (as a DWORD). Also had to reboot. Went back to the features and it installed first time.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/POLICIES/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/WINDOWSUPDATE/AU
"
1

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
ajwellmanAuthor Commented:
I had removed the station from being updated by WSUS by changing the OU so that the GPO didn't set it to use WSUS and that worked.
However, this solution is easier and quicker to accomplish.

Thanks for the response.
Art
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
System Utilities

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.