Is it possible to have two versions of Microsoft Office applications running simultaneously?
My most recent version is MS Office 2013. However, after I began using the 2013 apps, I realized that for Outlook, at least, 2013 was not going to do it for me. Visio was available only in Office 2010 so knowing I would already have separate folders for Office 2010 and for 2013, anyway, I decided to stick with Outlook 2010 and install the remainder as 2013 apps. The following screenshot from [Start > All Programs] shows my current configuration:
• Is it possible to have more than one version of a particular application simultaneously available or even running? For example, could an Excel 2010 window (with its worksheets, ribbon, QAT, etc.) be open on one side of the screen and an Excel 2013 window (with its characteristic appearance and attributes) open on the other side?
• If the previous scenario is not possible, is it possible to specify one of the two versions for opening a particular file, then, after saving and closing that file, immediately reopen it in the other version?
• How big of a problem is it reverting back to office 2010 if someone has been using Office 2013 for quite a while?
• Are all of the 2013 files back-compatible to 2010?
• What would you say are the 2-3 biggest/most important features one would lose going from 2013 to 2012 (especially in Excel which is the Office app I use the most?
• What other questions should I be asking?