Exchange 2010 Configure Autodiscover with Multiple Domains
Posted on 2014-11-16
I'm trying to cleanup the Autodiscover for a server I've been put in charge of.
I've run BPA on the server and cleaned up some old junk. I've also patched it to SP3 and fixed the RDNS as that was missing. I've got internal and external users connecting ok. Internal Autodiscover is working. But external Autodiscover is not.
I noticed a couple of problems:
1. There are no autodicsover records set at the domain host.
2. The SSL certificate is from Godaddy and allows up to 5 names. It only has the mail.primarydomain.com address added (that address matches what is configured in Exchange for autodiscover services & URL's etc). There is autodiscover for the primary domain but it's autodiscover.mail.primarydomain.com. All other domains seem to be missing the autodiscover.domain.com addresses and any other relevant addresses.
So my question are:
1. Do I need an autodiscover A record (autodiscover.primarydomain.com , autodiscover.domain2.com, autodiscover.domain3.com) for each accepted domain at the domain host? If so, should I point them all to the mail.primarydomain.com DNS record or the public IP of the Exchange server?
2. In the new SSL cert that I wish to order, will autodiscover.mail.primarydomain work or does it need to be autodiscover.primarydomain.com.
3. Also do I need to add an autodiscover for each domain? Are there any other records I might need?
4. Do I need to make any changes to the Autodiscover site settings on the Exchange server so external Outlook users can use Autoconfigure for whichever domain their primary email address is?