outlook 2010 receive error (0x80004005)

I have a Win7 PC with Outlook 2010 that has stopped being able to receive mail from a POP account.  The account can be checked from another PC and is functional with Webmail, so I am pretty sure that the mailbox itself is OK.  I tried loading OL in safemode and that did not help.  I tried to repair the PST file and that did not help either.  What should I try now?  Is there a way to check the OL profile?

thanks
SIDESHOWBLAHAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

JohnBusiness Consultant (Owner)Commented:
Look in the Account, More Settings, Advanced tab and check that the port settings are correct. The ISP may have changed. Find the ISP support page and check your Port settings and SSL security.  Is the Account Password there? It may have gotten deleted.

If that does not help, back up your PST file (for safety), exit Outlook, go to Control Panel, Mail, and delete the Outlook Profile. This deletes the Account so be SURE you know how the remake the account and know the password..  

Now restart Outlook, make a new Account (manual NOT wizard) and point the account to your PST file.

All should be well now.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
SIDESHOWBLAHAuthor Commented:
I deleted the profile from the control panle and then created a new one and pointed it to the existing .PST file and the same problem exists.  And somehow the email Rules were even maintained.  So I deleted the new mail profile and created another and pointed mail to a new .pst file and mail is moving again.  thanks
0
JohnBusiness Consultant (Owner)Commented:
Thanks for the update and I was happy to help.
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Outlook

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.