All the emails that I send via my live.com account (firstname.lastname@example.org) are being delayed 24-48 hours. This started happening about 3 weeks ago. If I send an email via my earthlink.net or outlook.com paths, the emails go through immediately. This problem is only affecting my live.com address. It happens on both my phone and my desktop. I’ve been sending a bunch of test emails to see how long it takes to be delivered. Lately, I’ve noticed that all of my test emails go through in the middle of the day (between noon and 2), and then, they stop for another 24 hours. (In other words, I receive all of my test emails all at once, and then nothing again for 24 hours. Weird.) I receive the “postmaster delayed email” message about 12 hours after I’ve sent the message.
I’ve gone online in the Microsoft support communities and this is a problem that seems to pop up regularly, if not widespread.
The reason it’s a big problem, is that my phone defaults to send replies via the live.com address. If I “reply” to a message on my phone, that message will not be delivered for more than 24 hours.
Unless it's your server causing the problem, the only thing you can do it contact support for wherever the hold-up is, i.e. live.com.