Solved

Exchange 2013 OWA wont load and Outlook clients wont connect

Posted on 2014-11-21
6
196 Views
Last Modified: 2014-11-26
We have a single exchange server running exchange 2013.
Clients are running outlook 2013.
This morning clients cannot connect - all client outlooks show disconnected.
OWA is not working - shows:
:-( something went wrong

ecp is working without issue.
Have rebooted server, checked authentication method is correct in OWA frontend and backend, and also uninstalled this update from last night: KB2992611

I have checked outlook connectivity status on client, and it is empty - even after clicking reconnect, nothing happens.
Any ideas?
0
Comment
Question by:davids355
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
  • 2
6 Comments
 
LVL 34

Expert Comment

by:it_saige
ID: 40457247
What do your event logs show?

-saige-
0
 
LVL 24

Expert Comment

by:VB ITS
ID: 40457363
Yep logs would be the first place I'd look. Also check that all the relevant Exchange services are started and running.
0
 

Author Comment

by:davids355
ID: 40457406
FYI I have actually opened a support incident now with microsoft - just because I have seen some indication that it may have been a recent update that has broken exchange/IIS.
Ill post results here anyway if thats ok?
0
Online Training Solution

Drastically shorten your training time with WalkMe's advanced online training solution that Guides your trainees to action. Forget about retraining and skyrocket knowledge retention rates.

 
LVL 24

Expert Comment

by:VB ITS
ID: 40457469
Yep, let us know the outcome either way. Would be good to know when a particular KB breaks Exchange.
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
davids355 earned 0 total points
ID: 40459091
Hi guys,
Microsoft helped to resolve the issue, but I don't have confirmation as to whether the update had any relationship to the issue - as it turned out, the database was continuously dismounting (Something I somehow missed), and was corrupt beyond repair - we tried hard repair and defrag with Microsoft but still the database had the same issue, whilst a new "test" database did not.

In the end we restored the entire database from the previous evenings backup and now everything is working as expected.

Thanks guys.
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:davids355
ID: 40466454
After posting the question I also contacted Microsoft support, and they ended up fixing the issue.
0

Featured Post

Free learning courses: Active Directory Deep Dive

Get a firm grasp on your IT environment when you learn Active Directory best practices with Veeam! Watch all, or choose any amount, of this three-part webinar series to improve your skills. From the basics to virtualization and backup, we got you covered.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

In-place Upgrading Dirsync to Azure AD Connect
This article will help to fix the below errors for MS Exchange Server 2013 I. Certificate error "name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site" II. Out of Office not working III. Make Internal URLs and Externa…
In this video we show how to create an email address policy in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.:  First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Mail Flow…
This video shows how to quickly and easily add an email signature for all users on Exchange 2016. The resulting signature is applied on a server level by Exchange Online. The email signature template has been downloaded from: www.mail-signatures…
Suggested Courses

624 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question