We have obtained a WSDL file ('non VB.NET') from a customer to use for making a connection with their web service. All the web service certificates are are installed correctly on both sides. When I use the WSDL file with soapUI then I can sent a request to the web service at a specified endpoint address without any problems. The response to the request is received correctly in soapUI.
After that we started to use the WSDL in VB.NET to create a program that can exchange messages with the web service. We added the WSDL file as a Service Reference to the VB.NET project. A routine 'Reference.vb " is created under the project containing several routines, functions, definitions and so on. This looks correct to me. To sent a message from within the VB.NET application to the web service, we perform the following steps:
1. Define a variable as a class of the WSDL definition for sending the message to the web service
2. Fill the properties of the variable with information of the message
3. Define the binding to use
4. Define a variable as the portalServicePortClient of the WSDL file, with the endpoint address and the bindig as parameters
5. Call the function of the WSDL that will sent the message to the web service
6. Receive answer and process it
After calling the function of the WSDL, there is no response received. There is only a error message that is shown:
" Content Type application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8 was not supported by service http://broker-
The client and service bindings may be mismatched."
And when I try this over another port with SSL:
"An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to https://broker
....... This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details."
Our customer does not receive a message in the web service!
Any help is much appreciated!