Hi I need to update my version of PHP. Its running on a windows box. Anyone any experience in doing so?
Security scan shows this
According to its banner, the version of PHP 5.4.x installed on the remote host is a version prior to 5.4.30. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Boundary checking errors exist related to the Fileinfo extension, Composite Document Format (CDF) handling and the functions 'cdf_read_short_sector', 'cdf_check_stream_offset', 'cdf_count_chain', and 'cdf_read_property_info'. (CVE-2014-0207, CVE-2014-3479, CVE-2014-3480, CVE-2014-3487)
- A pascal string size handling error exists related to the Fileinfo extension and the function 'mconvert'.
- A type-confusion error exists related to the Standard PHP Library (SPL) extension and the function 'unserialize'. (CVE-2014-3515)
- An error exists related to configuration scripts and temporary file handling that could allow insecure file usage. (CVE-2014-3981)
- A heap-based buffer overflow error exists related to the function 'dns_get_record' that could allow execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-4049)
- A type-confusion error exists related to the function 'php_print_info' that could allow disclosure of sensitive information. (CVE-2014-4721)
- An error exists related to unserialization and 'SplFileObject' handling that could allow denial of service attacks. (Bug #67072)
- A double free error exists related to the Intl extension and the method 'Locale::parseLocale' having unspecified impact. (Bug #67349)
- A buffer overflow error exists related to the Intl extension and the functions 'locale_get_display_name' and 'uloc_getDisplayName' having unspecified impact.
Note that Nessus has not attempted to exploit these issues, but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
Upgrade to PHP version 5.4.30 or later.
Version source : Server: Apache/2.2.25 (Win32) PHP/5.4.20
Installed version : 5.4.20
Fixed version : 5.4.30