I have a C# web application that runs on Windows Server 2008 r2 and .NET 4. I have an SSH tunnel set up that runs via plink and stays running via AlwaysUp.
This web app was previously running on Win2k Server with .NET 1.1 and the tunnel would stay open as long as the server was running.
However, I've noticed now on the new server the web app can not maintain the connection. If I touch the web.config file the web app can use the connection and all is well. However, after about 2-3 minutes the connection is still alive on the server, but the web app won't connect until I touch the web.config again.
I'm not much of hardware person so I'm hoping maybe there is a setting on the server or within the web app that I am missing or something has changed in .NET idk I'm at a loss.
I solved this issue on my own. I found that I was not properly closing the connection to the mysql database and there were too many connections to the db, causing the db to disallow any new connections.
Managing Active Directory does not always have to be complicated. If you are spending more time trying instead of doing, then it's time to look at something else. For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why
Wufoo.com provides powerful tools for surveying targeted groups, and utilizing data from completed surveys to find trends, discover areas of demand or customer expectation, and make business decisions on products or services.