?
Solved

Group Policy fails to apply, cant find OU

Posted on 2014-11-27
6
Medium Priority
?
154 Views
Last Modified: 2014-12-21
Hello,
I have a setup with an AD and Exchange 2013. All users and domains are setup through Exchange to keep premissions right.
I just started to apply GPO to my setup, but if I move a computer to an OU and apply a GPO to that computer it fails in computer policy, when running GPUPDATE.
Also if I make a GPO in a OU and apply a user/group to the GPO it fails in the USER policy, when running gpupdate.

The error is someting like: (Translated)
Group policy failed. Windows could not find the folder object OU=NAME, OU=NAME2, DC=NAME3, DC=NAME4

Anyone know why this is failing...? I think it has something to do with premissions or something.

Thanks.
0
Comment
Question by:Jesper Andersen
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 4
  • 2
6 Comments
 
LVL 13

Expert Comment

by:imkottees
ID: 40468976
0
 

Author Comment

by:Jesper Andersen
ID: 40468983
I forgot to tell that it is on a Windows 2012 R2 Terminal server that I am getting these errors...
0
 
LVL 13

Expert Comment

by:imkottees
ID: 40468986
did you try from a domain controller? if not I would request you to give a try.
0
Are your AD admin tools letting you down?

Managing Active Directory can get complicated.  Often, the native tools for managing AD are just not up to the task.  The largest Active Directory installations in the world have relied on one tool to manage their day-to-day administration tasks: Hyena. Start your trial today.

 

Author Comment

by:Jesper Andersen
ID: 40469005
I create the GPO's on my AD1 server, run a GP update and everything is fine.
Switching to my Terminal server, run a gpupdate and then its fails either in user policy or computer policy.
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
Jesper Andersen earned 0 total points
ID: 40502411
Found the solution... Authenticated Users was removed from the OU. Everything works fine now. Closing.
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:Jesper Andersen
ID: 40511439
I found the solution myself.
0

Featured Post

Independent Software Vendors: We Want Your Opinion

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Always backup Domain, SYSVOL etc.using processes according to Microsoft Best Practices. This is meant as a disaster recovery process for small environments that did not implement backup processes and did not run a secondary domain controller that ne…
Microsoft Office 365 is a subscriptions based service which includes services like Exchange Online and Skype for business Online. These services integrate with Microsoft's online version of Active Directory called Azure Active Directory.
This tutorial will walk an individual through the steps necessary to join and promote the first Windows Server 2012 domain controller into an Active Directory environment running on Windows Server 2008. Determine the location of the FSMO roles by lo…
Microsoft Active Directory, the widely used IT infrastructure, is known for its high risk of credential theft. The best way to test your Active Directory’s vulnerabilities to pass-the-ticket, pass-the-hash, privilege escalation, and malware attacks …
Suggested Courses
Course of the Month12 days, 15 hours left to enroll

777 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question