Starting earlier this week, none of my Office 365 (AKA Office 2013, AKA Office 15) apps will start; they all pop up the error "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office 15\<program>.exe" "Attempt to access invalid address, like the one shown in the attached jpg. (Where <Program> is Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
1) At the time, I had EMET 5.0 installed, although it had been installed for several weeks without error. After searching, I found a post that said EMET 5.0 can cause this after November's Patch Tuesday and I should upgrade to 5.1. I completely uninstalled EMET, but that did not help. (BTW, I rebooted after every one of the attempted fixes I will describe here.)
2) I tried repairing Office 365, but that did not help.
3) I ran the Microsoft FixIt described at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501
, and reinstalled Office 365, but that did not help.
4) I ran the FixIt, ran CCleaner 5.00, reinstalled Office 365, but that did not help.
5) I created a new User (administrator) to see if my profile was corrupted - same problem.
I have run out of idea and need a great suggestion.
I am running:
Asus P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3
3.4 GHz core i7
16 GB RAM
ASUS Radeon 1GB HD7790 Video
Win 7 Pro - 64 bit / SP1
MANY gigabytes of free space on my hard drives and SSD boot drive.